Hiring a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Injured in Reno or Carson City, NV? Call Shook & Stone.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you may wonder whether you need an attorney's help. Or, hiring a lawyer may be the last thing on your mind as you deal with mounting medical bills and financial hardships caused by missed work. A legal professional may actually be able to lift the burden you are facing by handling your insurance claim and all communication related to your accident, fielding questions and handling statements from law enforcement personnel, claims adjusters and others. While you focus on healing and spending time with loved ones, your attorney can work on pursuing compensation.
Since 1997, we at Shook & Stone have represented the injured in personal injury, wrongful death and insurance claim negotiations and litigation. If you are looking for a motorcycle accident lawyer in the Reno or Carson City area, we may be just the firm you need. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case and whether you need an attorney's help in the first place. After a minor collision, you may not need an attorney and could handle the claims process on your own. If you were seriously injured or the cause of the accident is in question, however, you could be facing a long and complex ordeal and may even be at risk of receiving an insufficient settlement.
- A lawyer can help you in a number of ways in the aftermath of a motorcycle accident. This may include:
- Completing an independent investigation of the accident to determine its cause and what party or parties may be held liable.
- Working with expert witnesses and other professionals to determine the full and fair value of your claim.
- Handling all communication with the police and any insurance companies involved.
- Reviewing any settlement offer to ascertain its fairness and validity.
- Undergoing negotiations with the at-fault party (or their representative) to seek a fair settlement.
- Taking your case to court if a settlement cannot be reached through negotiations.
- Taking appropriate legal action against any third parties (such as a manufacturer of a defective motorcycle or auto part).
- Litigating in civil court against any and all negligent parties.
- Filing an appeal, if necessary.
Taking the Right Approach
A personalized, client-focused approach is one of the key parts of providing effective legal representation after a motorcycle accident. When you work with our firm, you can feel confident that we will take the time to fully understand your concerns, needs and goals so we can protect your best interests. You can then work directly with your attorney to determine what approach you would like to take for your claim or lawsuit. This may range from negotiations with the insurance company to a bad faith lawsuit filed in civil court if your claim was wrongfully delayed or denied. It may also include filing a product liability lawsuit against the manufacturer of a defective motorcycle part, or a civil suit against a government entity that is responsible for maintaining safe roads in the area where your collision occurred.
It is important to remember that the right approach may have a direct impact on the success or failure of your case. A skilled lawyer should work closely with you to make sure your needs are addressed. "Cookie-cutter" representation simply will not cut it in a complex motorcycle accident case. At Shook & Stone, our legal counsel is tailored to a client's unique situation.
Find out more about our firm and how a Reno motorcycle accident lawyer can help you. Contact our offices today!